- Bark Thins dark chocolate blueberry quinoa bark. Like literally addicted, I constantly have a bag in my pantry. Delicious snack with coffee or to have a couple quick bites when I want something dessert-y. I love the little chewy dried blueberries with a little bit of quinoa crunch.
- Fairy lights. Maybe I’m like years late to the trend, but idgaf. Better late than never. I have two sets of these in my bedroom now and I LOVE them! They’re so nice at the end of the day instead of turning on a light, and the rope is long enough that you can hang it so many different ways. They have a remote included, you can adjust the brightness on so many different settings, make them pulse at different speeds and it even has a timer. Freaking LOVE them! You can find the ones I'm using here.
- Honest Tea. Loving the flavors peach oolong, heavenly lemon tulsi, and green dragon. I like my tea with just a hint of sweetness, and these have just that. I love that these don't use artificial sweetener, they're organic, and they have a wide range of teas, with and without caffeine.
- Shower steamer balls. I've got an Instagram post coming soon on how to make these! If you like aromatherapy I think you'll be into trying them. Really easy, and so great for spring and my poor nasal passages.
- Automatic writing. This is a new one for me, and a little more out there on the woo-woo plane. I kinda like it there though. Funny thing about me, I grew up in a Christian school going to church like 3-5’s a week for quite a while, and I used to do reports in school about satanic practices, and the occult, and demonic things like automatic writing, and how evil it is. In my reality now, I find meditation to be very similar to prayer. I experienced a lot of different religions growing up, I studied a lot of different opinions, and I’ve seen/done lots of different things when it comes to spirituality and religion. If speaking in tongues can be a thing, automatic writing can be a thing, and whatever deeper beliefs you want to have about those things and where they come from are not the topic of this post. : )
- Prayer plants. I found a few varieties of these in my local nursery and I’m in love. I’ve already bought two. These lower-maintenance, lower-light plants have beautiful leaves and they grow fairly quickly! They’re called prayer plants because, at the end of the day in the darkness, they lift their leaves and fold them slightly in, like praying hands. <3 The first week or so that I had the plant I thought I was imaging the leaves moving up and down throughout the day. ;)
- Key Lime Pie Cocktail. I’m realizing at this point in my list that I have not really included any healthy foods….lmao…so Imma have to change that on the next round of this. Anyway, here’s a COCKTAIL recipe from a health and wellness page, wtf I’m thinking I don’t know, but this cocktail is SO DAMN GOOD I DON’T CARE. I know going alcohol-free is all the rage right now and I 200% support that. I can say, for myself, I pretty much live alcohol-free anyway, so having a drink is no big deal for me. 90% of the time that I have a drink at home, I forget about it around halfway through, and then find it while I’m brushing my teeth. So, for me, a cocktail now and again is no big deal. I’m actually generating my own home cocktail list of drinks that I will remember to drink….lol…so they have to be REALLY GOOD to make that list.
This cocktail is simple af, and dangerously delicious. You can make it sweeter if you want.
Key Lime Pie Cocktail
2oz coconut milk
2oz FRESH lime juice
5 ice cubes
Put all in a shaker and go to town. I dump it all straight into a rocks glass and enjoy. I keep ending up with some coconut cream chunks that kind of solidify in the drink, but honestly they are really damn good little creamy bits that you get in every sip, so I kinda like it that way. Lemme know if you try it!
- One Up. I’m am a word game nerd. Kind of a nerd in general, but I looooove games and definitely word games! This is super simple, with just some letter blocks, and a similar playing style to scrabble. It’s easy to toss in your bag and take with you, which I can’t say for most group-player games. Plus, you pretty much create your own level of difficulty since you make the words, so pretty much anyone can play. Find them on Instagram @oldschoolcompany.
- Grape truffles. Instagram post coming on how to make these tasty snacks. I love any easy snack and especially if it includes some fruit or veggies. These are really good any time of year but especially when it starts to get warm. I’ll tell you about these in a couple days – so stay tuned!
- Amethyst thumb stone – I actually forgot I had this for a long time. I bought it when I was visiting Lake Tahoe one of a million times but I’ve been keeping it on me a lot lately. A thumb stone is a smaller, polished crystal that fits perfectly in with the shape of your thumb. They are great to keep in your pocket or wear on a necklace, so you can hold them whenever you want. If you have any kind of tactile-issue-thing where you are always playing with things in your hands (if you have it then you know what I mean, lol), these are awesome! Mine's been going with me a lot recently, it's so tiny it easily fits in pockets or my purse.
Well, that's it - hope you guys enjoy my things that I think are cool! Let me know in the comments or over on Instagram @simplecaresteph. :)